- Collection of information
We need to collect, retain and use information about you, including your personal information, to provide you with storage and do business with you. Generally, this information is collected directly from you but we may collect information about you that is publicly available, for example from public registers or social media, or made available by third parties. Information we collect may include:
- your name
- licence number and details
- date of birth
- passport number
- telephone number
- email address
- physical address
- any other information reasonable necessary.
We may also need to collect payment information from you, including credit card or direct debit information, and we collect and retain information about your ongoing storage and payment history.
You may choose not to provide us with any of this information, but not doing so may affect our ability to provide you with storage.
- Purpose of collection
We need to collect information from you for a variety of purposes including to provide you with storage and do business with you. These purposes including:
- To establish your identity and assess your application for storage
- To be able to contact you during the storage relationship
- To provide you with information about your account, including billing and provision of notices
- To provide you with information about our business and related entities, including promotions
- To be able to answer questions from you about your account and our services
- To manage our risk, including enable us to undertake a search of the StorerCheck database, or any relevant credit history entity
- To undertake appropriate searches, including a PPSR search, in the event that your account goes into default
- To cooperate with enquiries from government and law enforcement bodies and comply with our legal obligations
- To enforce our agreement with you.
We may disclose any information we have about you including your personal information as is reasonable necessary or as is permitted by law, including but not limited to the following:
- our employees, including temp or externally contracted staff
- service providers engaged by us, such as data storage, IT, software management, insurers and financial services
- third parties engaged to perform specific functions within our business, such as auctioneers, second hand dealers, building contractors, and maintenance services
- government departments
- law enforcement agencies, including the police
- any person who can demonstrate to our satisfaction a legal or equitable interest in the goods stored
- liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer your financial affairs
- debt collection services
- your Alternate Contact Person (ACP)
- StorerCheck Pty Ltd
- agents for any of the above.
We may send your information overseas. Some of our service providers or other third parties, including data storage providers, may be located, operate or hold data outside of Australia. When information is sent or disclosed outside of Australia we take reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. We utilise service providers who are located in a number of countries outside Australia, including New Zealand, the UK and the USA. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities in those countries.
- You make the following authorisation regarding your Alternate Contact Person:
As you have provided us with personal information identifying your nominated Alternate Contact Person (ACP), you must ensure that you have the right to disclose information about your ACP including their personal information. You must take reasonable steps to ensure your ACP is aware
- that you have made this disclosure
- that we may use this information as we would personal information collected about you
- that they may access and correct the information held by us in the same manner you may correct your personal information.
We may use your contact details, including email, fax and telephone numbers, to contact you for internal marketing purposes. You may withdraw this consent at any time. We will not share your contact details with third party enterprises, and will never sell your personal information or contact details. If you wish to opt out of direct marketing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Storer Check Pty Ltd (‘StorerCheck’)
We subscribes to the StorerCheck system. By applying to store with us, including making a web or telephone enquiry, you agree to the following:
- We may search the StorerCheck data base for information StorerCheck may have about you
- We may communicate with other users of the StorerCheck system and discuss your information with
- We may choose to refuse you storage, or terminate your storage agreement, if you are listed with StorerCheck.
- We may release or update any details and personal information they have about you to StorerCheck, including but not limited to:
- your name,
- your address,
- your previous address(es),
- your email address,
- your licence number and details,
- your passport number and details,
- your date of birth,
- your storage history, including account payment history
- Your details and personal information will be released to StorerCheck in the event that you breach your storage agreement or engage in illegal or threatening behaviour including but not limited to:
- Not paying for storage
- Dumping or abandoning goods
- Being chronically late with payments
- Being abusive or threatening to staff members or other storers
- Eliciting the involvement of law enforcement agencies, such as law enforcement enquiries regarding your storage activities and the execution of search warrants against you, this facility or your storage space
- Any other breach of the storage agreement
We may use the information you provide during this application, including web or telephone enquiries, or information provided at any other time to update any listing you currently have with StorerCheck. If you do not consent to these terms, you should not apply for storage with us.
By applying to store with us you consent to the terms and conditions set out in this document and on-line at www.storercheck.com, including our right to search StorerCheck for your details, and to release your information and details to StorerCheck in certain circumstances. For further information about Storer Check Pty Ltd go to www.storercheck.com
We keep your information provided to us in both hard form and electronic form. We take steps to secure this from misuse, loss, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure and access. We employ physical security such as locks on filing cabinet and restricted access to hard files, and other security measures including password protected computers and internet firewalls. We take reasonable care when engaging third parties to provide services to us where those service may necessitate the third party handling your information, including data storage, file destruction, enforcement of the agreement in any way and debt collection.
- Accuracy of information we hold about you, your right to access and your right to correct
You may view and correct your personal information by:
- giving us reasonable notice in writing that you wish to view your personal information, and
- attending at our Facility at the agreed time, and
- paying reasonable costs for the provision of access.
If we refuse access, we will provide you with a written reason for the refusal.
To correct inaccurate information we hold about you, you may advise us in writing that your personal information is not correct and provide us with written corrections. We will endeavour to update within a reasonable time.
- Your Rights – how to contact us about your privacy
If you believe we have breached the Privacy Act 1988 or Australian Privacy Principles and wish to complain, please contact us at:
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 21 days. If you do not believe your complaint has been satisfactorily handled or resolved you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. For more information visit: www.oaic.gov.au